Friday, July 22, 2011

Gym Observations.................

 When I go into a gym or "fitness center" I always see something that makes you say WTF!  Sometimes I see somethings that are pretty impressive and gain a little respect for a few "Gym Goers".   A big part of my life has been spent lifting or working in the gym setting so I've seen a lot of crazy sh#t, but every week I see somethings that really puzzles me.  Check em out, maybe you've had some of the same experiences:

-The lifting platform is for Deadlifts, Cleans, Snatches and other "Power/Strength" movements.  It is not a place to do "abs".  Yesterday 2 girls decided to place some mats down on the platform and perform endless sets of crunches.  I was temped to get my phone and take a picture but I really didn't want to witness this "act of awfulness" anymore so I decided to move to the other side of the gym before I bashed my head into a squat rack, repeatedly.
Please refrain from doing "abs" on the platform.....
 -Attention "Juice Heads":  when you are lifting with a group of 4, and are all wearing white wife beaters and matching "thick" silver chains, it looks pretty freaking awful.  Besides the fact that all you do is curls and shrugs, the acne on your back and the "bloat" look is really not gonna be killin it with the ladies.
30 years from now when you get off the sauce, this is what you have to look forward to......
 -There is no need to use wrist wraps when doing shrugs with 135lbs., curls with 65lbs., or bench press with less weight than most pre-teen girls.   Strengthen your grip and take off the damn wraps, they don't make you look hardcore, and please don't grunt to holy hell when you are doing preacher curls with a 20lb. dumbbell.
You are allowed to take these off every now and then.....
-If you are a female loading up 45lb. plates on a bar, and some Jersey Shore wannabe asks if you need help, saying "No thanks- I got this" might be one of the GREATEST things I've ever heard!

-There is NO need to "psych" yourself up and start jumping around, shaking your head all crazy, and pumping your fists before you do lateral raises with 15lb. dumbbells. 

-Please don't ask the "jacked" guy in the gym, "What supplements are you on?".  Chances are he'll tell you a bunch of BS and you'll waste a good chunk of cash on buying worthless pills and powders. It also doesn't take a genius to know what he's really taking....

-If you are spending more money on supplements a month than you are real food, you really should get your priorities in order.

-When I see someone doing "full" squats, regardless of the weight, I give that person an "imaginary" high five.

-If you are doing an exercise on a BOSU ball and are about to topple over like a game of human jenga (with dumbbells) in hand- please move to an unpopulated area in the gym.
Exercises like this should be done in an empty area of the gym.


We'll that's about it for today- I'm sure after I lift today I could add some things.   Til next time.....

No comments: