Friday, April 8, 2011

End of the week thoughts.........


Another week has gone by, rather quickly, which is definitely a good thing.  I think by Friday my body and brain sense the weekend is right around the corner.  As always I had some entertaining, enlightening, and pretty random thoughts throughout the week.  Here ya go........

-Idiots Everywhere!  The wife and I have decided to look for a new gym.  The place where I currently workout is infested with Jersey Shore wannabees and other random people who don't know what the hell they're doing.  I know curls in the squat rack are accepted by some, but having 3 squat racks taken up by ass clowns is unacceptable.

It also is aggravating when my wife squats and deadlifts more than a lot of these morons.  What is even more frustrating is when she is the only female in the free weight area these idiots look at her like she shouldn't be there (or they're checking her out because she is super hot).
"Yo baby, can I sneak in set of curls?"
I don't ask for much in a gym, a good squat rack, dumbbells up to 100lbs., an area to do some jumps/complexes, a place where I'm allowed to deadlift, and  somewhere that 99% of the members don't wear wife beaters and thick silver chains.

-Nutrition.  I have been on and off since the wedding.  I have really been enjoying the weekends and eating pretty much "freely" and the week has been super clean.  I need to buckle down and limit myself to ONE crappy meal a week. I really haven't packed on too many pounds, I just feel so much better when I am eating really strict.

I am still doing the "no breakfast" thing, and I really happen to feel more energy and seem to be more alert in the morning.  My first meal is at 8am which would be breakfast for most, but I wake up at 4 so it seems like brunch or even lunch to me.

I'm playing around with a few different strategies to get back to my summer leanness, when I have it dialed in, I'll put it out there for everyone to see.

-Research/Reading.  I read some interesting material regarding the 6 meal a day theory, from both people who agree with it and those with different opinions. Very interesting stuff.....  Take a look at the literature  here and here.

-Wedding Pics.  My wedding pictures are almost completed.  Some of them are up on my photographers blog- check em out here

Make today be great and tomorrow even better!  Have an awesome weekend.

No comments: