Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Nutrition Plan (Non-Lifting Days) and some other stuff...


I detailed my current diet for lifting days here, check it out if you haven't already.  I surprisingly have had a lot of energy since conforming to this type of eating approach.  I have always thought that not having breakfast would be difficult and I would not have energy I need while training my clients in the morning.  I was wrong- I actually feel more awake, alert, and in a great mood.

After I posted my last blog on Facebook, One of my old college teammates, Paul Goodman, sent me a message, which I thought was an awesome statement relating to nutrition- "Honestly, I hate the discussion of nutrition more-so than discussing religion. Problem is too many lay people who use no scientific/evidence based information".

Paul is right, there is a lot of so-called "nutrition gurus" out there that claim what they do and preach is the right way and the only way to do things.  Paul actually lent me the first book I read pertaining to physique altering nutrition, Bodyopus by Dan Duchaine.


This book really opened my eyes to the approaches of extreme dieting for drastic results. The book contained a  very radical strategy for fat loss that a lot of today's diets somewhat resemble. (By the way Paul, I did return the book!  I think Blaine P has it )

When it comes to nutrition, I am not an expert. I wish I knew more science based information.  It is a fascinating subject area that can change a persons physique and improve a persons health just about more than anything else.

I do know enough to produce significant results when it comes to physical improvements, and I am gaining knowledge one day at a time.

There is no best diet plan.  Nothing works for everyone.  Anything works for some people.  Nothing works forever.  Everything is good for something.

It's your choice what advice you want to follow, just make sure you take time and look deeply into the way you choose to eat with your health and longevity in mind.

Okay then.  Here is my diet set up for non lifting days.

3:45 Wake up, Drink Big Glass of water, take green tea capsule, Acetyl L-Carnitine
4:00 Perform mini-warm up.  10 reverse lunges, 10 band pull aparts, 10 T-Push ups (2 sets)
4:15 Drink Greens+
4:35 Coffee w/Cinnamon
8:00 Meal 1 - Grass fed Sirloin Fillet, Broccoli and Cauliflower, 1 organic apple (2 fish oil)
11:30 Meal 2 Big Greens Salad, 2 chicken Breasts, Olive Oil, 1 serving of almonds  (2 fish oil)
2:30 Meal 3 - (shake) 2 scoops whey/casein protein
6:15 Meal 4 - 2 organic eggs, 1 cup egg whites, lots of spinach, cooked in coconut oil (2 fish oil)

Very few carbs.  Not too many calories.  I felt great yesterday.

Only time will tell how this is going to work, so far I'm good.  If I get better as the week goes on, I will be thoroughly impressed. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I never had the pleasure of borrowing or reading Duchaine's book, however I recall reading some articles he wrote that were very informative. Maybe Steve T your old roommate or Zack "borrowed" it. Great blog topic though. Diet is so important, and often overlooked as a key factor in performance and fitness. The analogy I often use with athletes and clients refers to racecar engines. You can have the greatest engine built, yet if the quality of the fuel is poor, the engine will perform poorly. For anything/anyone to perform at their potential, the correct type and amount of fuel must be consumed.

Damon Brobst CSCS said...

I was kidding Blaine, I thought you had a chance to read it though. It's amazing how many people don't care about what they eat and are suffering from severe health issues.

Unknown said...

I laughed when I read it your post, I had to think for a moment if I had the book or not. It wasn't too long ago when I went through some old clothes looking for things to donate to a shelter and found a shirt you let me "borrow":). I remember following a diet similar to one Duchaine recommended in his book prior to spring break while in college; it was very effective for me.

Nutrition said...

Nutrition and diet plan are the part of every one life, but it is healthy or non healthy who knows ? First checkout the calories of your food and than make a good diet plan . . . .

nutrition articles