Tuesday, December 14, 2010

17 Days......


Looking at the calendar this time of year three words come to mind- shocking, depressing, and exciting. I know those three words have very different meanings, but all of those things enter my thoughts when I realize that 2010 is coming to an end in 17 days.

-I am really shocked that this year is so close to being over. I take a look back at last New Year's and I feel like it wasn't that long ago- it actually feels like it just occurred. When my week's were starting on Monday and all of a sudden Friday appeared out to nowhere- I knew it would be a fast year. I think the way my life has changed, for the better, I really wish I could have had some portions of this year put in slow motion.

-It's kinda depressing that it's coming to an end, it has definitely been the best year of my life. A lot of wonderful life changing events have taken place. Most importantly, I got engaged- by far the highlight of my year. I also turned 35 which was great considering I don't even feel like I'm 25. My fiance and I lost over 20lbs. each! We changed our way of eating, became extremely dedicated with exercising, and actually developed a much healthier lifestyle. I've done some great trips to Las Vegas, North Carolina (little sisters wedding), and Key West 3 times. I left my job at a commercial gym and started working at a private gym, definitely the best career move I could have made!

-If 2010 was this good, I'm really excited to see what 2011 has in store for me. I actually have some pretty exciting things planed (Wedding= March 12), a few trips, and I really plan on taking my career to a different level. I will take some time over the next few weeks to evaluate the steps I need to take to be a more successful trainer and strength coach and determine what direction I will go with my career.

I think every year I become more passionate about getting better- at everything! I have 17 days left in 2010 to dominate and kick some ass. I want to end this year with a bang! 17 days left of awesome nutrition (except Christmas), about 14 effective/strenuous training sessions, and being the best person I can to the people around me. What are you going to do in the next 17 days to close out the year? Think how you can finish 2010 before you begin to set up your goals for 2011.

No comments: