Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Funny Story......


I can thank my fiance for this one. She was at the gym lifting yesterday and had an idiot encounter like no other. First of all, my fiance lifts- she doesn't workout. What's the difference? When you lift you squat 135lbs. ass to the ground for reps, when you workout you do tricep extensions standing on a bosu ball. Getting back to the story, she was performing deadlifts, dumbbell chest press, and seated rows (as a compound set). She uses the power/squat rack for deadlifts because it's easier to load and unload the weight. We have 3 racks in the gym, and of course only about 1% of the members actually squat (to depth) or do any form of power movement in these racks. It actually could be considered a curl rack just like at most commercial gyms.

So anyway, this idiot walks up to the rack while my fiance was doing a set of deadlifts, "How many sets do you have left?". She replied, "A few more, what exercise are you doing?" He said "CURLS", shocker, right there you knew he was a major ass clown! Then she went about her business and kept lifting hard. A couple minutes later, major ass clown, walked back up to the rack and asked if she was done yet, she said "I have one more set, but there is an empty rack over there" and he replied (drum roll please) "I LIKE TO USE THIS ONE BECAUSE I LIKE TO LOOK AT MYSELF IN THE MIRROR." She rolled her eyes, shook her head, and make a WTF face.

The best part is, she gives me a text when she got done lifting telling me she had the best story about an idiot at the gym. When she finished telling me the story about this fool, she said "Then I busted out a set of 115 for 5 on deadlifts!" Just one more reason I knew I found the girl of my dreams.......

No comments: