Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Randomness


Some random things that have been swirling through my head:

1- People spend so much money and time buying new designer clothes to "look better". For people that are overweight it would be better to spend your time and money on fitness and nutrition- then you would look better with your clothes off.

2- With all the information that is out there on nutrition it it amazes me that people still think peanut butter is an excellent source of protein. At 190 calories per serving and with 160 of those coming from fat- it is a good source of fat. It only has about 8 grams of protein.

3- Girls with the best bodies - squat, deadlift, and sprint. All of this BS that women shouldn't lift heavy weight amazes me- I like females who have an "I'll kick your ass" attitude in the gym, it shows they have self-confidence and are mentally strong. Now that's sexy.

4- If you bought a "shake weight" you are a mental midget. I can't get over how stupid some people are.......

5- If you want abs- you need to spend more time looking at your nutrition and less time doing crunches. Once you get you get your nutrition in check, you still shouldn't do crunches you need to burn calories (body weight circuits and interval training)

6- It you had a cookie last night and had a some chips a few days ago, you are NOT trying really hard to lose weight. There is a difference between saying and doing, losers say / winners do.

7- I love the winter (In Florida) everywhere else is too damn cold. I can last for 3 or 4 days in below 40 temps but after 4 years in Iowa 50-60 degrees is about all I can take for a long duration.

8- If they made beer flavored protein powder do you think anyone would try it????

9- Don't train to failure. Check out jasonferruggia.com for more info (This guy is one of the best)

10- Friday Deadlift day! I love that feeling of a good Friday training session and rewarding myself with at protein shake with spinach, blueberries, banana, and chia seeds. Weird, I know.

11- High school football tonight, playoffs, gotta love a competitive atmosphere- Go Cypress!

No comments: